Labels

Friday, December 30, 2011

Back to Week 3: Setting Goals

Using my Leet Analysis Skills (tee hee) from Business Analysis, and looking at the Future Me picture: I get the following Goals, working from top to bottom:

1. Savings Goal - Amount of money required to be able to visit Dustbunnie and Annefia, that allows for 8 weeks of rent, cattery, and overseas expenses.
a. Determine approx. when (in next 5 years)
b. Calculate amount of money required - and include estimated amounts for inflation.
c. Create savings plan
d. Find best place to save to - bonds, etc.
e. Commence plan, and continue until completed within 5 years.
f. Spend the money wisely and see my friends!

Pre-requisite - a steady income that is above my basic needs.

2. Work/Career Goal - part-time or contract work, that allows me to look after myself health-wise, has a steady income (see Goal 1), that includes creativity, problem-solving, doing something good for the world.
a. Continue in current work as it achieves a steady income.
b. Career Counselling, or something similiar to determine direction.
c. Can I change my career this late in the peace and still have a decent income?
d. Research creative ways of determining this.

3. Health Goal - Not having my life controlled by my health issues.
a. Diabetes under control = 5.5% HBA1C.
b. Depression - No moderate depressive episodes for 12 months.
c. IBS - no accidents for 12 months.
d. Sleep - refreshing sleep, for between 8-9 hours average for 12 months.
e. 1/2 hour of exercise every day, and swimming 1ce a week.
f. Arthritis pain controlled - um... I'm not too sure how to measure this one.
g. Period problems - if PCOS, then controlled PCOSly, if not PCOS, then controlled in some other way, with full co-operation from doctor.

4. Mental health Goals - 
a. Body and self associated together.
b. A strong sense of identity - knowing what I like.
c. 'Comfortable in my own skin' - liking what I know.
d. Being able to deal with bullies.
e. appropriate anger management.
f. Procrastination issues.

5. Enjoyment Goals - 
a. Being creative
b. Enjoying cats and friends
c. Writing
d. Finishing things!
e. Doing Craft - textiles, etc.

6. Home Goals - 
a. Fit into 1 bedroom flat
b. Have a place for all the above goals.
c. 2 Cats. <- this one is already done! YAY me!
d. Have all my things in my own place.
e. Sub-goal is by end of 2012, have all my boxes that are stored at Emby's house out of there.

That's 33 Goals in 6 Categories. And I'm pretty sure that's not all of them. Hmmm - not one single goal is to do with weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment