Labels

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

measuring the flat.

Thoughts... Will be in this flat long-term.

1. It's cheap enough that I can afford it when I'm unemployed.
2. It's light enough that I don't feel like I'm in darkness.
3. It feels like home.

Problems:
  1. Flat is 39.22sqm.  That's 422Sqft. i.e. TINY
  2. Flooring is sub-optimal - concrete in kitchen and bathroom is painted mustard yellow, and is chipped. Carpet is stained. Even more so since I did the great laundry accident of 2011.
  3. Not much storage space at all, and built-ins - kitchen, wardrobe, bathroom and old, and grody. Also Blanche likes to get into the kitchen cupboards.
  4. I have enough stuff for a 3-bedroom house. So need to reduce to 1 bedroom house.
  5. Some essentials - Piano, Bookcases, are too big/many for the flat. Do NOT know what to do.
  6. Want the flat to feel spacious and comfy. Not cluttered - as clutter makes me feel stressed.
  7. Want the flat to be usable - Don't want to have to give up all my hobbies just so I can do point six.
  8. I have too many hobbies.
Solutions to come in later posts ....

No comments:

Post a Comment